Contact: Roshni Barot (Placements Officer)
Our dedicated Placements Team will work with you to secure the right work related role for you from work experience with a commercial company or public sector organisation, summer internship, voluntary opportunities or as research support for one of our leading academics. This assessed module will not only secure valuable work experience, but also the support you need to identify your personal strengths - ensuring you are best prepared for life and employment after graduation.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Undertake a critical audit of their skills and capabilities for their professional career
- Identify the key areas requiring improvement
- Articulate a coherent strategy for closing this ‘skills/capabilities gap’
- Critically evaluate the relative success of this strategy post-placement
- Demonstrate an ability to relate your work practice to a discrete body of academic literature.
- 2000 word self-reflective diary (50%)
- 2000 word work-based project (50%)
Submission dates will depend on when the placement takes place. You will not be assessed on the employer’s assessment of your performance during the placement.