Second year module
Lecturer: Gunes Bebek
The materials that will be covered are:
- an introduction to General Equilibrium;
- externalities and Public Goods;
- markets with asymmetric information
- an introduction to game theory.
By the end of this module the student will be able to:
- examine the working of some basic types of market structure;
- understand some basic efficiency and welfare concepts and apply them to various situations;
- understand some of the problems that can arise in a market economy.
- 2 hr written examination 80%,
- 2 problem sets 10% each