- Number of A levels required:
- Typical offer:
- AAB or ABB + A in the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). Our Unconditional Offer Scheme is available to outstanding applicants.
- Required subjects and grades:
- Two sciences required at A-level, one of which has to be Biology or Chemistry.
- General Studies:
- Not accepted, but a good performance may be taken into account if you fail to meet the conditions of the offer
Unconditional Offer Scheme
Our Unconditional Offer Scheme is available to outstanding applicants.
- Predictions of AAA or above, to include two sciences of which one has to be Biology or Chemistry
- 7 GCSEs at grade A
- Prediction of 32 with 6, 6, 6 at Higher Level, to include 2 science subjects of which one has to be Biology or Chemistry
- 7 GCSEs at grade A
The unconditional offer will be unconditional regarding academic requirements. Students are also required to meet non-academic requirements, such as you will be required to complete a successful Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before admission to the programme as you will have privileged access to a Dental Hospital.
BTEC Extended Diploma in Science related subject accepted when offered in addition to an AS Level in a Science, at grade C, or good GCSEs (grade Bs). Grades DDD required.
BTEC Diploma in Science related subject accepted alongside 1 A level
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma accepted alongside 2 Science A levels
Other qualifications like a Foundation Year, an Access to Science course, or a combination of qualifications are considered. Please contact the Admissions Tutor or Admissions for further information.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS): Students will be required to complete a successful Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before admission to the programme as we are based in a Hospital.
International Baccalaureate Diploma: 6,6,5 at Higher Level (to include Chemistry or Biology) with a minimum of 32 points overall.
Standard English language requirements apply. Learn more about international entry requirements.
Depending on your chosen course of study, you may also be interested in one of our foundation pathways, which offer specially structured programmes for international students whose qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to UK universities. Further details can be found on Birmingham International Academy web pages.