GREAT Life Sciences Scholarship - India 2016
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU), India
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
The University of Birmingham’s College of Life and Environmental Sciences, in partnership with the British Council India, is delighted to offer three undergraduate scholarships to outstanding candidates from India.
Value of Award
The scholarship awards £5,000 towards the reduction of tuition fees.
First year undergraduates only.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- have firmly accepted an offer of a place to study on one of the following undergraduate programmes at the University of Birmingham:
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Geography and Urban and Regional Planning
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Human Biology
- Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Sport, Physical Education and Coaching Science
- have a valid student ID number;
- be studying full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- be a national of, and currently domiciled in, India;
- be classified as overseas for fees purposes;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship;
- not be in receipt of a full tuition fee from any other source.
How to Apply
Applications open 1st February 2016 and close 15th June 2016.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who have firmly accepted their offer of a place to study one of the specified courses. As part of the application process, candidates will be asked to submit their answers to the following questions (100-200 words per answer):
1. Why would you like to study at the University of Birmingham?
2. Why have you chosen your specific programme at the University of Birmingham?
For more information and an application form please contact:
Sarah Dry, LES Student Recruitment Coordinator
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 8327