University of Birmingham Hong Kong Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Hong Kong
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 28/07/2017
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 10 scholarships of £3000 for HKDSE students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017.
These are joint awards with our local representatives Aston Education and IDP Education, and the University’s Hong Kong Alumni Association, and will be awarded to high performing HKDSE students starting their University of Birmingham programme this year.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be studying or have completed the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE).
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham.
- Have met the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Hong Kong domiciled and a Hong Kong national (or British National Overseas passport holder and Hong Kong Permanent Resident).
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment. Should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017, the scholarship award may not be deferred. Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives – Aston Education or IDP Education. A student may only apply through one local representative.
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with one of our representatives by 28 July 2017.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with one of our representatives by 28 July 2017.
Selection for the award will be based on academic performance on the HKDSE, students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in August 2017 at Aston Education and IDP Education in Hong Kong. The scholarships will be announced shortly after interview.
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2017. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
T. 2866 9933
IDP Education Limited (Hong Kong)