- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
In addition to £1,000 of funding, Caterpillar Scholars also receive the opportunity to:
- Enhance their employability skills, including communication, teamwork and organisational skills
- Work with with representatives from the University and Caterpillar UK
- Work on a unique initiative and undertake valuable experience that can be used to help them to apply for future graduate roles
- Make a significant and meaningful contribution to encouraging future generations of students to study engineering within the UK
Successful candidates will be selected on the basis of academic potential and the level of engagement shown in volunteering or community-based activities..
Value of Award
Each scholarship is valued at £1,000.
Caterpillar Scholars will have their awards renewed in subsequent years subject to satisfactory academic progression and a demonstrated commitment to the Caterpillar Engineering Ambassadors engagement scheme.
The Caterpillar Scholarship is open to full-time UK Undergraduate students who have entering their second year of study in any of the following Schools:
- School of Chemical Engineering
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Metallurgy and Materials
Applicants must also have an assessed household income of £25,000 or less. If successful, you must also commit to working with members of staff from the University to help raise the profile of engineering as a career within both the University and the wider community.
How to Apply
The Caterpillar Scholarship competition will not be open in 2016-17. This will reopen in Autum 2017 and will be available to students who enter their second year of study during the 2017-18 academic year.
Funding, Graduation & Awards
0121 414 7391