Topics to be covered:
1. Introduction to Cognition
2. Object recognition
3. Face perception
5. Perception and action
6. Attention and performance
7. Attention (focused and divided)
8. Executive functions
9. Attention deficits
10. Functional brain imaging
11. Introductory lecture and workshop experiment on Global/Local perception
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
On completion of this module the student should be able to:
1. Discuss issues on vision object recognition and attention, including the main theories in these areas.
2. Describe neuropsychological/ neurodevelopmental deficits in visual agnosia, unilateral neglect and ADHD.
3. Design and conduct an experiment examining Global/Local perception.
4. Describe issues in functional imaging using fMRI techniques.
5. Demonstrate skills in experimental design for cognitive psychology.