Topics to be covered:
2. Piagetian theory.
3. Criticisms of Piaget.
4. Information processing theories.
5. Memory 1.
6. Memory 2.
7. Space & Time.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
On completion of this module the student will be able to:
1. Identify the similarities and differences between methods and topics in cognitive development and those in adult cognitive psychology
2. Use appropriate examples to discuss the relative strengths and weaknesses of Piagetian and information processing accounts of cognitive development
3. Use appropriate examples to evaluate the extent to which there are quantitative and qualitative dimensions to development
4. Use experimental evidence to evaluate different accounts of the development of memory, and of space, time, number, and mind concepts