The aim of the module is to introduce students you to the MATLAB programming language. The use of MATLAB will aid the student’s your critical thinking, mathematical abilities, and problem solving capabilities. The course will cover simple programming concepts and structures such as FOR loops and IF statements and program structures such as modularisation.
Basic concepts in mathematics will be investigated, these will include, graph plotting, numerical integration and differentiation, the solution of simple linear differential equations, complex numbers, vectors and matrices.
Applications will include simple heat conduction, vibration, projectiles and mechanics
- Graph plotting with MATLAB
- Loop structures
- Numerical differentiation
- Numerical Integration by Simpsons rule
- Solution of differential equations by various methods
- Solution of differential equations using MATLAB ODE45
- Complex numbers
- Vectors products
- Matrices, inverse and Eigenvalue problem