The undergraduate scholarship scheme was designed to increase the opportunities for non-final year undergraduate students to engage with the College’s research agenda whilst at the same time extending the College’s high quality undergraduate student experience provision.
Scholars are funded to undertake full-time research supported by a member of academic staff for a period of five weeks during the summer vacation.
In addition to the monetary rewards the following benefits have been reported by previous scholars:
If you would like further details about the Undergraduate Research Scholarship scheme, please contact Rachel Canty, Operations Manager for Student Experience, at email@example.com.
2012 Undergraduate research scholarship scheme
Following the scheme’s success last year, the number of scholarship has increased to eighteen. The following projects are being funded in 2012:
- Oliver Mason - A Local Grammar of Definition Statements
- Hugh Adlington - Establishing the Texts of John Donne’s Jacobean Court Sermons 1619-25
- Erin Sullivan - Shakespeare’s Global Communities: A Research Review of the 2012 World Shakespeare Festival
- Michael Toolan – Reader Responses to Highly Emotive Narrative Text
- Clare Barker – Literature, Aid, and Medical Activism
- Alison Sealey – Interviews for English language research: refining transcriptions and preparing data for corpus analysis
- Sabine Lee – Children Born of War
- Benjamin Thomas White – Governing Refugees in British Mandate Iraq: A Scoping Study
- Nick Crowson – The Politics of Homelessness in Britain c1830-2010
- John Carman – Archaeology in “the real world”: a global examination of heritage management practices
- Roger White – The Bernard Bumpus Collection
- Marie Fox – Legal Regulation of Primate Experimentation
- Jean McHale – Mental Health Law and the EU: Developing Law and Regulation
- Pat Odber – Translation: the greatest crime of all?
- Elizabeth L’Estrange – Manuscript Illumination and Sixteenth Century Franco-Flemish Art
- Frank Lough – Politics, Poetry and Exile in the Works of Maria Zambrano
- Tom Sorrell – From Empirics to Empiricists
- David Hunter – Arguing Against the Future
2011 Undergraduate research scholarship scheme
The College funded twelve scholarships during the summer vacation 2010-11. Profiles of three scholars from 2011: