Keep connected to what is happening at the University and in your College through our news postings, social media channels and by attending events.
- Carl Hingley, Senior Automotive Technician at The University of Birmingham's School of Mechanical Engineering recieves Papin Prize in recognition of his contributions as a technician at the inaugural 2015 Higher Education Technicians' Summit on Tuesday 30 June.
- On Tuesday 9 June 2015 the College celebrated the achievements of our 17 student societies with the second annual EPS Societies' Awards. A great night was had by all and over £1,000 was raised for research into childhood brain cancer conducted in the University's School of Cancer Sciences.
- On 20 June 2015 The College of Engineering & Physical Sciences welcomed back over 140 alumni and guests to the second EPS Reunion.
- School of Civil Engineering receive a Project Award from the institution of Civil Engineers in the Education category for a collaborative project with Interserve, titled 'Bridging the gap', an interactive activity to develop knowledge and understanding of simple civil engineering concepts.
- Over 100 GCSE students visit Univeristy of Birmingham Engineering and Science discovery day for interactive workshops and activities around STEM subjects.
- The Birmingham Energy Institute are delighted to launch its brand new distinguished lecture series, focused on energy related policy and research. Delivering the lecture of this new series Professor John Loughhead, will share his thoughts on planning ahead to meet the growing demand for energy.