Keep connected to what is happening at the University and in your College through our news postings, social media channels and by attending events.
- Restarting the Large Hadron Collider, 'cold-power' technologies, backed by the Government's Thermal Energy Research Accelerator and more...
- The British Geological Survey and the University of Birmingham have signed a formal Memorandum of Understanding to strengthen future collaboration and open new opportunities for research.
- Josh Miller (BEng Materials Science and Technology, 2015) tells us how he's adjusting to PhD life at Birmingham.
- The Complete University Guide 2017 league table reveals that Engineering and Physical Sciences subjects at Birmingham continue to perform well with four subjects ranking in the top ten nationally in their category.
- By exploring the optical spin-Hall effect, we are working towards developing a flexible and tunable holographic input interface for optical chips - the likely successors of silicon–based microchips that could transform the world of new technology, leading to ultra–fast computing and innovative applications in biomedical science.
- Catalysts for Change: From Hydrogenation to Secure Fuel Supplies