Keep connected to what is happening at the University and in your College through our news postings, social media channels and by attending events.
- 2014 marked the 17th year of UBRacing and saw the team attend the 16th Formula Student UK competition. Out of 97 competing student teams in the Class 1 events, UBRacing finished with an overall placing of 19th and 6th out of the UK teams! Pippi Hornsby, outgoing Head of Media for UBRacing and new Mechanical Engineering graduate tells us more.
- The Birmingham University Chemical Engineering Society (BUCES) has had a very busy year. Read more about what they've been up to.
- The 2013/2014 academic year has been a great and busy one for Engineers Without Borders. Newly elected President David Streather tells us more.
- On Saturday 14 June 2014 we welcomed our alumni across the School back to the University for a special day of celebrations and activities with fellow classmates and staff. Over 170 alumni and guests from as far back as 1946, up to our 2012 graduates attended this annual College event, which was opened up to all graduating years for the very first time. Read about the day and access all the photos here
- Students from Birmingham's UBRacing are competing in Formula Student, an international motorsport competition taking place at Silverstone from 9-13 July.
- 22 - 27/09/2014
- Trusting Atoms: The Last Trials of Ludwig Boltzmann brings to life the passion, drama and suffering of one long-forgotten scientist of the 19th Century. Join Ludwig Boltzmann in his battle to save the dying theory of atoms, his equation and so his career in a hostile scientific environment.