From PERCAT to Professor
Wednesday 3 February 2016 - University-wide workshop open to all Postdoctoral/Early Career Researchers and final year PhD students. (Registration essential)
- Balancing family and academic careers
- Fellowship applications
- Parental leave
- Promotions process
- Getting to the Top
Monthly programme of lunchtime workshops covering important topics for career progression. The presentations are given by both internal and external speakers with expertise in their field. The programme for 2016 will be advertised shortly.
Scriptoria Writing Workshop
All researchers now have the opportunity to attend this workshop as they have proved to be a valuable investment for the College. Researchers who have attended the course have rated it very highly. Since attending PIs have noticed an improvement in the way researchers present ideas and results, and it also boosts confidence.
Feedback from one of our academic supporters: "It was a VERY useful course - and I didn't feel like too much of a fraud! I would happily recommend it to anyone."
Feedback from participants
"I can honestly say it has been one of the most useful workshops I have ever attended."
"Fantastic course! Will recommend it to colleagues. Very informative; it helped that the trainers were well informed. Enjoyed the 2 days and left with confidence and enthusiasm about writing again."
The workshop will teach you the principles of organising ideas and content in a logical way, and according to the intended reader the benefits carry over into other areas such as planning experiments and giving oral presentations.
- need to improve your critical analysis skills?
- want to discuss what makes a great scientific paper?
- want more chances to perfect presentation skills?
- want to meet new people?
If you are interested in joining us, then please email either Rebecca Jones or John Reynolds
- 18 - 19/10/2016
- Centre for Professional Development, Medical and Dental Sciences
- All Postdoctoral researchers within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences now have the opportunity to attend this workshop as they have proved to be a valuable investment for the College. Researchers who have attended the course have rated it very highly. Since attending PIs have noticed an improvement in the way researchers present ideas and results, and it also boosts confidence.
- Medical and Dental Sciences