School of Government and Society events
- Tuesday 13th October 2015
- Muirhead 417
- Dr Wright applies two core new insights from the modern brain sciences. First, the neural phenomenon of "prediction error" that provides a tool to increase or decrease the impact of our actions. Second, specific social motivations that can limit deterrence and cause escalation and de-escalation. He discusses historical and contemporary cases, U.S. and Chinese doctrine, a China-U.S. escalation scenario and policy recommendations.
- Lectures Talks and Workshops
- Saturday 17th October 2015
- Our Undergraduate Open Days offer you the perfect opportunity to hear first-hand from our current undergraduates and teaching staff about living and learning at Birmingham. You will be able to tour the campus and accommodation, and speak to us about everything from our courses, finance, support services, careers, sports and much much more.
- Social Sciences, Students, Teaching
See more events in the School of Government and Society.