- To monitor regularly all guidance and requirements issued by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, particularly in relation to Higher Education Review and the UK Quality Code for Higher Education, initiating and co-ordinating action as appropriate.
- To develop and keep under review the University’s systems, policies and guidance for assuring and enhancing the quality of students’ learning experience and maintaining academic standards.
- To develop and keep under review processes for annual review of modules and programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate taught levels and to consider and manage the outcomes of these processes.
- To monitor the outcomes from, and the effectiveness of, the External Examiner system for taught programmes.
- To monitor the outcomes from, and the effectiveness of, processes for the consideration of Professional Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) reports.
- To consider the outcomes of Specific Checks and Thematic Reviews initiated by the Committee or by Colleges.
- In conjunction with the Education Committee, to receive reports on quality and standards issues emerging from Vice-Chancellor’s Reviews.
- To monitor a range of relevant risk and performance indicators, including risk indicators monitored by the QAA, such as:
· Statistical data on the performance of programmes;
· Student feedback and survey results as appropriate;
· Annual reports regarding complaints, appeals, misconduct, fitness to practise and cases submitted to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator.
- To have oversight of the University’s approach to assuring the completeness, accuracy, reliability and fitness for purpose of information provided for applicants and students.
- To consider reports from the Graduate School Management Board on quality assurance or academic standards matters relating to postgraduate research students, including in particular the outcomes of PGR annual review.
- To consider reports from the Collaborative Provision Committee regarding the outcomes of annual and periodic reviews of collaborative provision, and any other matters relating to the quality assurance or academic standards of collaborative provision.
- To consider proposals and reports from College committees with oversight of quality assurance matters.