Academic Services is at the heart of education and research endeavour at the University. We inform and influence the development and delivery of a range of activities throughout the staff and student lifecycles and provide support and advice to all staff and to students, enabling them to undertake their responsibilities effectively.
Additionally, we seek to deliver on a range of transformational projects across the University; we also ensure that the activities of the University are conducted in accordance with the University’s own procedures and regulations and in compliance with external legislative requirements.
- Careers Network has been recognised for its excellence in providing careers support for international students.
- The University of Birmingham (Academic Services teams) is shortlisted in two categories for the 2014 Times Higher Education Leadership & Management Awards which celebrates leaders in the field of Leadership and Management.
- A new centre for student services in the heart of the historic Edgbaston campus of the University of Birmingham is to be created, as part of the £175million campus development project.
- The University of Birmingham celebrated success at the 2014 National Undergraduate Awards, an awards ceremony that celebrates leaders in the field of undergraduate employability
- The University of Birmingham's Director of Student Employability, Eluned Jones is appointed President Elect for The Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS) with immediate effect.
Academic Services comprises the following divisions:
Director of Academic Services
PA to the Director of Academic Services
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 3807