Let's Get Started
- Westmere House (G15 on the Campus map)
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, International, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
This is an introductory workshop for new postgraduate researchers at the University of Birmingham. During this workshop you will begin to develop the skills and capabilities you need to be a successful researcher. It is also an opportunity to meet other new postgraduate researchers and find out about resources to help you make a great start to your time at Birmingham.
RCUK-funded postgraduate researchers should attend the "Let's Get Started" workshop on Monday 24th October 2016. This workshop will be broadly similar to the other dates, but will also include information about your responsibilities as RCUK-funded researchers.
The workshop is intended for postgraduate researchers in all disciplines within 2 months of their start date.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Be more aware of your personal preferences and how these impact on your research
- Have explored some techniques for reading, writing and time-management at PhD level
- Be able to identify your development needs and ways to meet these needs
- Have embarked on the planning process for your PhD (and beyond)
- (RCUK-funded only) understand your responsibilities as an RCUK-funded researcher