International Student Welcome Hub
- Chancellors Court - International Marquee
The International Student Welcome hub provides a range of services to new and returning students at the start of the academic year, these include:
- Visa Immigration Checks eg. Right to Study checks (visa holders must have their RTS check before commencing their studies)
- Student ID cards (visa holders must have their RTS check before they get an ID card)
If you are visiting the International Student Welcome hub to collect your student ID card you must bring with you your passport and current visa as well as your student ID number.
If you have lost your student ID card and are visiting the hub for a replacement card you will be charged £10 for this service before you are issued with the card. During Welcome Week we will only be able to take cash payments.
BRP Collection Zone
If you are an international student who needs to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from the University (not a Post Office), you will be invited by the University to attend a mandatory appointment to collect your BRP card. You must attend this appointment when requested by email to do so. Further information is available on the BRP webpage.
Important information for international students collecting BRP cards from the University:
1) Your BRP collection appointment, date, time and location will be sent to you by email.
2) You must check your emails regularly so that you do not miss this email.
3) You must attend this appointment at the date and time it says on your email.
4) You must attend this appointment on your own.
5) You must bring any relevant documentation or information (as outlined in the appointment email you will receive).
6) Attendance at this appointment is mandatory.
7) For all eligible students, your appointment will be sent to you by email. This service is strictly by invitation only.
Students who are collecting from Post Offices:
Please follow the information provided in the Decision letter that is sent to you from UK Visas and Immigration about when and where you need to collect your BRP card from.