- The project is only open to current registered students of the University of Birmingham.
- Entries should be submitted by individuals only.
- All submissions must be made via the designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason. Entries containing material of an obscene or offensive nature (as deemed by the University at its sole discretion) will not be accepted.
- The University of Birmingham will process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal data you provide will be retained only for so long as reasonably required in connection with this project and thereafter will be destroyed appropriately. By providing any personal information as part of your diary entries you consent to its publication by the university as part of the project.
- It is important that the submission dates are adhered to (i.e. not early or late), as timely submissions are necessary to inform staff members' work.
- All submissions will be anonymised for internal use by the University.
- Entries should be no less than 400 words (there is no upper limit).
- Please include your name, course and date of writing at the top of your written entry.
- The filename of your entry should include your name and date of submission. (e.g. John Smith - 3 September 2012).
- The language of the submissions must be English.
- To qualify for the reward of £50 Amazon vouchers students must submit each of the required entries (as outlined in the table of dates on the website) in line with these terms and conditions.
If you have any queries, please contact the First Impressions team using the following email address: email@example.com.
The University reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
Note: Entries not submitted in accordance with the above terms and conditions will not be accepted.