To be accepted onto the Global Energy Systems programme you must:
- Have relevant subject background: the Programme operates at ‘beginners’ level’ however students should have studied physics at A level or equivalent (level 12 is also acceptable), or currently studying on a science degree. Students must be able to demonstrate relevant subject background with a translated transcript.
- Be aged 18 years or over at the start date of the BISS programme.
- Be studying an undergraduate programme at a University outside the UK or be registered as an International student at a UK university
- Be of good academic standing (based on a translated transcript, verified by your University or a letter of recommendation in English from your University provided during the application process).
English Language Requirements
- Have achieved English Language proficiency IELTS 6.0 overall with no lower than 5.5 in any band.
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of TOEFL IBT 80 overall with no less than 19 in listening, 19 in reading, 21 in speaking and 19 in writing.
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of PEARSON with a minimum of 53 in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
The following equivalent English Language qualifications will also be accepted:
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of 530 at level 4 or 500 at level 6 in Chinese College English Test (CET).
- Have achieved English Language proficiency of 60 at TEM level 4.
- Have achieved English Language Proficiency at HKDSE Level 3.