Funding, fellowship and internship opportunities

Access to internal funding for academics

While College Research Support Offices are able to provide support for most research funding applications, Research Support Services (RSS) and the International Relations (IR) are responsible for managing certain types of grant.  Details of centrally managed funding can be found here.

Access to external funding for academics

To review additional opportunties for funding, visit the international funding page on the Research and Innovation Services website.  The site consists of a series of international funding fact sheets providing both a Country overview, tips and advice on relationship building as well as a list of UK and Country specific funding opportunities to consider when engaging with peers.

Funding from Guangzhou Municipal Government

The University of Birmingham and the Guangzhou Municipal Government signed a Collaboration Framework Agreement in September 2011, which covers co-operation in areas of research, education and technology transfer.  Under the collaboration agreement, the Guangzhou government would provide funding to a number of high quality joint UoB-Guangzhou research projects each year.

Find out more by emailing Nina Morris, China Institute Officer.