The Foundation Pathways provides an opportunity to enter the university environment one year before the start of a UK undergraduate degree programme.
As a Foundation Pathways student, you will be fully immersed in student life at Birmingham and will be a greatly valued member of the student community, living and studying alongside our undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Benefits of studying here
The Foundation Pathways offer you a range of distinctive benefits:
- You will be taught entirely on the University’s stunning Edgbaston campus
- Successful completion of the Foundation Pathway year will also guarantee you progression onto your chosen Birmingham degree.
- You will study a range of academic modules, taught by respected Birmingham academics
- You will be a fully integrated member of our student community, with access to all University academic, sporting and cultural facilities.
- A Customer Service Manager will live on-site and be your first point of contact for all your welfare concerns
- Our high-quality Academic English and Study Skills modules are acrredited by the British Council
- You will be taught in English and will be mixing with students from all over the world.
- More than 85% of our students from 2013 progressed to their chosen undergraduate degree at Birmingham.
- There are opportunities to constantly improve your academic, linguistic and cultural skills, and by the end of the programme you will be fully prepared for UK student life.
Why choose the University of Birmingham?
With more than a century of academic excellence, the University of Birmingham has a global reputation and long experience of welcoming students from across the world. We offer an outstanding student experience; combining inspirational surroundings, leading academic teaching and research, plus social and career opportunities outside of your studies.
Our graduates have excellent career prospects and global companies target Bimingham graduates for employment. By choosing the Foundation Pathways, you are securing your undergraduate place at one of the top UK universities and ensuring you stand out to employers in a competitive job market.