The Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company (SNEPCo) has announced it’s 2017 Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme for applicants of Nigerian nationality. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any Nigerian State to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry with specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at world-renowned institutions in the United Kingdom.
Level of Study: Postgraduate taught masters
Subject areas eligible: MSc Geotechnical Engineering
Nationalities eligible: Nigeria
External Deadline for applying: 30/06/2017
SNEPCo will award three scholarships for one-year M.Sc. studies in partnership with three universities, including the University of Birmingham, for the academic year commencing September 2017. Applicants for the scholarship must have applied for the MSc Geotechnical Engineering programme. The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only. Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- meet the University’s English language requirements
- be aged below 28 years by 30/09/2017 (this is a Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company eligibility criteria)
- be of Nigerian nationality (proof required)
- currently reside in Nigeria
- return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
- have obtained a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a valid Nigerian passport valid to December, 2018
- be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant
How to Apply
- Candidates must first apply for admission to, and receive an offer for, the MSc Geotechnical Engineering programme at the University of Birmingham in accordance with the normal university admissions procedure. The University of Birmingham will then email an electronic version of the Shell SNEPCo scholarship application form to eligible applicants which will need to be completed and returned to the stated University contact by 30 June 2017.
- The University of Birmingham will thereafter process scholarship applications and endorse eligible candidates to Shell SNEPCo. Candidates will then be invited for interview in Nigeria after which final selections will be made.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach the University of Birmingham no later than 30 June 2017.