To help prepare you for your Study and/or Work Abroad Experience, we have a week of activities and events for you! Information and details on how to register below.
1. Compulsory Study Abroad Pre Departure Briefings
You are required to attend one of these compulsory briefings which will also include short talks from university experts on Insurance, Student Support, Finance and Visas. We have three sesssions to choose from:
- Monday 29 April, Gisbert Kapp, (LT1) - 10:00 - 12:00. Book your place
- Tuesday 30 April, Medical School, Leonard Deacon Lecture Theatre - 12:00 - 14:00. Book your place
- Wednesday 1 May, Medical School, Leonard Deacon Lecture Theatre - 13:30 - 15:30. Book your place
2. Compulsory Risk assessment briefing
We have an external expert coming to brief all outgoing students on how to stay safe while travelling and living overseas. He will cover pre departure advice, risk identification, and much more. This is complulsory and makes up an important element of your preparation for studying overseas. We have two sessions to choose from:
- Tuesday 30 April, Medical School, Leonard Deacon Lecture Theatre - 09:30 - 11:30. Book your place
- Tuesday 30 April, Medical School, Leonard Deacon Lecture Theatre - 14:30 - 16:30. Book your place
3. Compulsory Erasmus paper work briefing
This session will explain the Erasmus+ paper work, and how to complete it in order to receive an Erasmus grant if you are eligable. It is compulsory for students undertaking a period of study in Europe, except for Modern Languages students. Please read the note on the event providing more detail on the Erasmus situation. We have two sessions to choose from:
- Wednesday 1 May, Muirhead Tower, G15 Lecture Theatre - 10:00 - 11:30. Book your place
- Thursday 2 May, Education Building, G33 Lecture Theatre - 10:00 - 11:30. Book your place
We have a series of optional events that are desiged to help you make the most out of your time living overseas.
4. Equality and Diversity Workshop
We have an Equality and Diversity Workshop led by a UoB Equality and Diversity Advisor.
- Monday 29 April, Alan Walters building, AWPG-G03 - 14:00 - 15:00. Book your place
5. International Work Experience / Cultural Awareness, Careers Network
6. Student networking sessions
We have an afternoon of Pre Departure Networking events for outgoing students where you will have the opportunity to meet UoB students who were abroad last year, and some of our incoming students currently with us on exchange as well as meet other students going to the same country ot university as yourself. We have split them geographically. There will be tea, biscuits and chat!
- Friday 3 May, Medical School - WF 15, Pre Departure Networking Event (Europe) 11:00 - 13:00. Book your place
- Friday 3 May, Medical School - WF 15, Pre Departure Networking Event (USA, Canada, Australia) 13:00 - 15:00. Book your place
- Friday 3 May, Medical School - WF 15, Pre Departure Networking Event (Rest of World) 15:00 - 17:00. Book your place
7. Departmental Led Talks
Your own academic School may also be running Pre Departure sessions specific to your course, and we will add that information in here as and when your Exchange Tutors let us know.