Social Media Ambassadors
The Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO) are looking to recruit a team of social media ambassadors.
DARO offers a programme of events and activities to help students get the most from our global network of more than 300,000 alumni (graduates). We generate opportunities for alumni, friends and supporters to stay involved with the University, and encourage philanthropic support for charitable projects across campus. The social media ambassadors will work with the student engagement team and the rest of the staff in DARO to help spread the news of positive stories, exciting events, and important giving opportunities here on campus.
Potential tasks could include:
- Contribute positive messages and conversation to DARO’s social platforms and regularly interact via likes, shares and personal posts
- Understand and educate peers about DARO and the charitable work of the University
- Create new content promoting DARO’s charitable projects and student engagement activities potentially in the form of blogging, vlogging, graphic design or social media take-overs
- Support social media campaigns such as #UOBwomen, a Twitter campaign on International Women’s Day
- Join in with social media activity at key points in the year - for example, Welcome Week and Graduation
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to develop your communication skills, especially in regard to social media
- Training relevant to the role e.g. digital marketing workshop
- A chance to use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of charitable campaigns run on campus
- A chance to understand more about how the University operates as a charity, and learn more about the charity sector
- Knowledge and understanding of how charity campaigns are planned and delivered
- PSA points
- Experience to add to your CV
- A chance to be a part of a team of ambassadors and meet new people
This opportunity is ideal for anyone with an interest in/or experience in social media and marketing, or for anyone who wants to get more involved with the University’s charitable work.
How to get involved
An information and training session will be taking place on Wednesday 29 November from 1-3pm in UG06, Murray Learning Centre.
To sign up or for more information, please email Megan Prosser, Student Engagement Intern on email@example.com
Overall, ambassadors will be a valued part of the DARO team and will serve a significant role in supporting our online community by facilitating conversations and promoting awareness and growth on campus.