ticket giveaway competition terms and conditions
If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
- The promoter of the Prize Draw is The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT (“the University”). Queries can be directed to the Alumni Relations office.
- The Prize Draw is open to alumni of the University. An alumnus/alumna is defined for this purpose only as a former University Registered Student who has completed a programme of study. To enter the Prize Draw, you must like, AND, tag a friend in, the following post on either, but not both, Instagram or Facebook between 12pm Thursday 21 July 2022 and 3pm Friday 22 July 2022. Anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Instagram or Facebook are not in any way affiliated or involved in the Prize Draw.
- The Prize draw is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary, but is subject to participation in an activity staged by the University in connection with the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must be happy for the University of Birmingham to contact you via your social media handle, if you are the winner. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please email us with ‘Like Post and Tag a Friend – Win Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Tickets’ in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Entries by one person on behalf of another will not be accepted into the Prize Draw.
- The Prize draw will open at 12pm on Thursday 21 July 2022 and close at 3pm on Friday 22 July 2022. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- The University accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Two winners will be chosen from a random computer-generated draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on or before Saturday 23 July 2022.
- The prizes are as follows: One pair of tickets: Friday 29 July 2022, University of Birmingham, 9am-12.30pm, Hockey Women's Group Match (New Zealand vs Kenya and South Africa vs Scotland).
- The University accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prizes and not specifically included in the prizes (including, without limitation, travel to and from the University’s campus and any associated accommodation).
- The winners will be notified by direct message on either Instagram or Facebook (depending on which of these platforms the winner entered the Prize Draw) on or before Saturday 23 July 2022, asking them for an email address to send the prizes to. If a winner does not respond to the University within 48 hours of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the University shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 48 hours or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and the University shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The University retains the right to substitute, at its discretion, each prize with another similar prize in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your name, social media handle and email address in order to process your entry into the Prize Draw and contact you about your Prize Draw entry, and for the purposes outlined in paragraph 12 above. The University will delete your personal data on or before Friday 29 July 2022. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name and social media handle in any media.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. The University further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person from participating in the activity to which reference is made at paragraph 4 above. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the University for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- The University reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the University in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The University shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, epidemic, pandemic, government restriction, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- To the extent that there are any inconsistencies between these Terms and Conditions and the Alumni Office terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall take precedence.
By entering the Prize Draw, you consent to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your name, social media handle, and email address in order to process your entry into the Prize Draw and contact you about your Prize Draw entry, and for the purposes outlined in paragraph 12 above. The University will delete your personal data on or before Friday 29 July 2022. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name and social media handle in any media. Read more about how the University processes personal data, including how to exercise your rights as a data subject.