There are many organizations throughout the UK which work to source internship opportunities at a local level for recent graduates. The following is just a taster of some of the organizations in England and Wales, but we’d encourage you to look locally in your area for more.
- Charity Job – Provides information regarding a wide range of volunteering opportunities nationwide, including voluntary internships
- Graduate Talent Pool – A Government-managed programme to match graduates to businesses through internships
- Inspiring Interns – A range of different opportunities, nationwide
- Milkround – Careers and opportunities nationwide
- The University of Liverpool Career’s & Employability Service run a project called "Graduate to Merseyside". They help graduates from any University that are looking to find paid graduate opportunities in the Merseyside area. A lot of their roles are 12 months or permanent positions but they also have shorter term positions as well. They also send a newsletter every Monday with their opportunities (generally 40-50) which graduates can register for at www.graduatetomerseyside.co.uk.
- Emgrad was part of the Graduate Internship Programme developed in 2009, focusing on graduate jobs and internships. The page provides links to a range of SHE institutions which can provide further support
- Graduate Advantage represents a partnership between several SHE institutions in the West Midlands, signposting graduates to a range of paid and voluntary internships
- The University of Keele has its own Graduate Internship Scheme run by the Employer Engagement Team in Research and Enterprise. They help to source a range of paid graduate internships, for which any graduate residing in the West Midlands may apply.
- Graduate Jobs South – Working in partnership with the region's University Careers Services to deliver a recruitment service to students, graduates and employers in the South
- Graduates into Careers - The Careers Group, London work in partnership with STEP London and offer 350 internships a year where there is an arrangement with HMRC that the student/graduate doesn’t pay any NI or tax. They also work with London Borough Council to offer 650 placements to get graduate talent, usually 6 month and 12 month placements. Open to graduates of any discipline and any university.
- Go Wales - Helping graduates and students to get a head start in today's competitive job market, through work experience, jobs and resources.
- At the University of Dundee, the Scottish Internship Graduate Certificate (SIGC) programme places graduates into 6 month internships in Scotland. SIGC is an eight month long course combining a six month internship with career management learning, starting every January. Graduates don't have to have studied at Dundee before. Open to UK and EU applicants who already have, or expect to have a minimum of an Ordinary Degree.
- Adopt an Intern offers structured placement opportunities that provide graduates with paid internships in cross-sector organisations throughout Scotland, enabling them to gain much-needed experience.
- Scotgrad has short-term work experience opportunities for graduates, at growing companies and social enterprises across Scotland.