Arabic Reflections: Teaching Arabic Language as an Additional Language
- Block 2, Dubai International Academic City, P.O. 341799, University of Birmingham Dubai
- Alumni, Dubai Campus, International, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Social Sciences, Teaching
The UAE Vision 2021 National Agenda strives to preserve a cohesive society proud of its identity and sense of belonging. Key to this is the complete transformation of the current education system and teaching methods to meet 21st Century learning needs with a target that our students rank among the best in the world in reading, mathematics and science exams, and to have a strong knowledge of the Arabic language.
This event will be delivered in both English and Arabic
10.30: Registration and Coffee
11.00 - 11.44: Lecture: Dr Anne Raynor, Director of Education Programmes, Dubai - Falling in Love With Arabic: What research says about learning Arabic as a second language
11.45 - 12.00: Lecture: Abir Ahmed, Lecturer in Eductaion, Arabic Language - Arabic teaching in the UAE: Moving forward together
12.30 - 13.00: Panel Discussion – How to be an effective Arabic B teacher
- Mohammed Elmaghrabi, Head of Arabic, Uptown School;
- Imad Nasr, Assistant Head teacher – Languages, Jumeirah Baccalaureate School;
- Abir Ahmed, Arabic Language Lecturer, University of Birmingham
13.00 - 13.30: Networking
This event looks at how we, as teachers, can ensure that all students can develop the necessary skills to become strong Arabic Language learners.