You could be a postgraduate student already living in the city of Dubai of an undergraduate student moving away for the first time. Wherever you are in your student journey, you will be an integral part of our Birmingham community.
Purpose build student accommodation in Dubai tends to offer facilities such as gyms and social spaces, with basic costs of Wi-Fi and utilities usually included in the fee. We have recommended a couple of these providers on this site, namely Uninest and DSOA University Residences. Alternatively, we are able to assist you with finding a private apartment in Dubai.
Shuttle transport services will be provided at key times between our campus and our recommended accommodation providers.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Dubai will depends upon your lifestyle choice, but it is possible to live economically if you shop wisely and budget carefully. Basic products and services are reasonably priced and there are regular sales and promotions on consumer goods. When coming to Dubai you will need to consider costs such as visas, accommodation and transport.
The cost of accommodation can vary significantly. Most accommodation providers will require you to pay a deposit of rent in advance, meaning that as well as having a monthly budget for accommodation costs, you will need access to additional funds initially to secure your tenancy.
The University of Birmingham Dubai does not directly provide student accommodation, but we have provided the details of two providers of purpose built student accommodation that are closest to campus and just a short journey away from Dubai International Academic City. They are Uninest and DSOA University Residences
What accommodation options are available?
Uninest: is owned and operated by GSA who are the leading Global Student Accommodation Company worldwide. Located in Dubailand which is about 15 minutes from our campus
- Facilities: study room and offers the ‘Space to Grow’ programme providing learning and experience opportunities to help you get the best from your time in Dubai.
- Rooftop swimming pool,
- Fully equipped gym,
- High speed broadband and wifi,
- 24-hour security,
- Laundrette facilities,
- Car parking,
- Weekly cleaning
- Outdoor terrace
For full details please visit uninestsudents.ae
DSOA University Residences: is owned and operated by Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, located in the heart of Dubai Silicon Oasis which is about 8 minutes from our campus.
- Facilities: Furnished with beds, study table, chair, lamp, shelf, built-in wardrobes, personal safe and mini fridges in studio rooms and a large fridge in the apartment units
- Bathroom in each room
- Social areas
- Free laundry services (self-serve washers and dryers available)
- Please purchase your own bedding
- Free high speed Wi-Fi.
- Transportation (One pickup & One Drop off) or more, based on the number of students registered.
- Basketball, volleyball and football courts
- Daily shuttle bus to shopping malls and downtown Dubai.
- Complimentary cleaning service once per week.
- Cleaners available till 10:30 PM for emergency cleaning services.
- Water & electricity.
- Separate building for females. Cleaners & security in this blocks are females only.
- Free car parking.
- 24/7 security and secured access system to the residence.
- Sharing facilities (washing machines & dryers in every floor for studios)
- Free access to Gym, hall living area, gaming room, and study room.
For more details please visit DSOA website
How far are the student residences from Dubai Campus?
Uninest is located in Dubailand which is 15 minutes’ drive from campus
DSOA University Residences is located in the heart of Dubai Silicon Oasis which is 8-10 minutes’ drive from campus.
How much are accommodation fees?
- Monthly costs for twin accommodation start from AED 2,950 or AED 5,100 for single accommodation.
- To secure your accommodation, the first two months’ rental paid in advance of arrival, a deposit of AED 2,500, and an international guarantor.
- DSOA University Residences:
- Monthly costs for twin accommodation start from AED 2,500 or AED 5,000 for single accommodation.
- To secure your accommodation, DSO University Residence requires three months’ rent paid in advance and a security deposit of AED 2,500 (twin accommodation) or AED 5,000 (single accommodation).
- Special rate for a full academic year (9 months) is available.
How can I reserve my place in the student residence?
To reserve accommodation with either of the providers listed, you are advised to contact them directly to make your reservation: Uninest, DSOA
Do the accommodation providers offer single sex accommodation?
Yes. The student residences are gender segregated with male and female residents living separately.
- Uninest: All apartments are segregated, there are separate rooms for male and female students.
- DSOA University Residences: Buildings are gender segregated and specific building allocations are based on student enrolment and availability.
Does the university offer a shuttle service?
Both Uninest and DSOA University Residence offer regular shuttle transport services from their accommodation to Academic City and key locations in Dubai for residents that are part of the accommodation agreement. The University will also be offering some shuttle bus services along key routes for where our students live. It is not anticipated that students living in student residences would need this transport in addition to hat provided by their student residence.
Can I visit the student residences before making my decision?
Students and parents are most welcome to the Residences for a tour.
To arrange a tour: Contact Uninest or DSOA
Is the university able to assist me to find alternative accommodation options?
Yes, the University Student Services team will be able to put you in contact with appropriate accommodation agencies to help you find the accommodation in Dubai that is right for you. For any queries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any specific queries about accommodation in Dubai, please get in touch with the Living team here at Birmingham.
Ground Floor, University Centre
The University Of Birmingham
Telephone: +44 (0)121 414 8000