Choosing to study on the Integrated Foundation year provides an opportunity to enter the university environment before starting Year 1 of your chosen University of Birmingham Dubai undergraduate degree programme.
As a Foundation year student, you will be fully immersed in student life and you will be a greatly valued member of the student community, studying alongside our undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Studying the Integrated Foundation year offers you a range of distinctive benefits:
- You will be guided and supported to make the transition to becoming an independent and self-motivated learner.
- You will experience a variety of teaching methods, depending on the 4-year degree programme you are studying at University of Birmingham Dubai.
- You will be able to formulate your own ideas and engage critically with your subject. We encourage our students to challenge and enquire.
- You will learn vital skills to excel in your undergraduate degree and in a competitive job market.
- You will study a range of academic modules, taught by respected academics.
- You will be a fully integrated member of our student community, with access to all University academic facilities.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved with team sports, pursue hobbies and interests and meet new people through many different groups and societies.
- You will be taught in English and will be mixing with students from all over the world.
- There are opportunities to constantly improve your academic and linguistic skills, and by the end of the programme you will be fully prepared for your Birmingham Dubai undergraduate degree programme.
- Successful completion of the Foundation year will guarantee your progression onto Year 1 of your chosen University of Birmingham Dubai degree.
What do our Birmingham Foundation students say?
We asked some current students to tell us why they chose the University of Birmingham and about their experiences in both their academic and social life.
Want to know more?
Appy Now and discover more about our Scholarships.