Welcome to the Careers Network Dubai, an extension of the University of Birmingham’s award-winning careers service for current students and alumni.
Careers Network offers a range of services to our students and alumni including a dedicated careers advice and guidance service delivered by experienced and professionally qualified College Careers Consultants and Advisers.
This includes access to great work experience and employment opportunities, the enhancement of vital personal and professional skills and the development of an enterprising approach to career management.
We have also developed an extensive careers information provision via the Careers Network website and provide advice and support to students considering self-employment through our tailored B-Enterprising programme.
Your academic journey at the University of Birmingham Dubai opens doors to a wealth of career-oriented resources, all designed to propel you towards your professional aspirations. Our expansive suite of services encompasses:
- Personalised Guidance: Our team of seasoned professionals, including Careers Consultants, Advisors, and Employer Engagement Managers, are here to support you. Experience one-to-one coaching sessions tailored to your unique ambitions and skills requirements.
- Professional skills development workshops and masterclasses: Elevate your employability skills through our hands-on workshops and convenient online tutorials.
- Interview and Assessment Prep: Walk into interviews and assessment centres with confidence, thanks to our practical interview preparation assistance and one to one mock interviews.
- Global Job Reach: Explore a world of opportunities through our online job portal connecting you to global vacancies. Complement your job search with insights from our informative job search webinars.
- Alumni and Employer Networking: Forge meaningful connections with accomplished alumni and prospective employers. Expand your professional network and gain valuable insights into various industries.
- Resources: Envision your post-degree journey with clarity, supported by our comprehensive online repository of career resources including our virtual CV checker, practice interview platform and free access to LinkedIn learning.
Whether you're seeking guidance on LinkedIn optimisation, refining your CV, or need assistance with any other practical aspect of your career journey, we've got you covered.
BSc Business Management with Year-in-Industry Student
“UoBD’s employability service has been very supportive and beneficial throughout the process of finding and obtaining a suitable summer internship. I secured a summer internship with the help of UoBD's employability service, and the internship has been going great! I believe I have acquired many digital marketing skills throughout the internship and cannot wait to gain more knowledge and experiences with the help of UoBD.”
With the Careers Network Dubai, students have access to a dedicated careers consultant and an employer engagement manager based on-campus. They specialise in offering careers-related services aligned with the UAE market requirements. Additionally, students are provided with complete access to the UK team for tailored college support, appointments, online events, and UK-based opportunities to help expand their horizons.
A suite of employability programmes, collaborative group project opportunities with employers and a range of courses, guides, videos and other information on career planning, applying for jobs and developing your workplace skills can be accessed on the Careers Connect website.
For further information or queries, please write to email@example.com.
Enterprise and entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurial skills are important in developing your career or starting your business. The B-enterprise team and Dubai Careers Network are here to help you make an impact by making the most of yourself and the opportunities around you.
- All students will complete the Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability (EIS) and Arabic mandatory modules which are designed to enhance your employability and give you the foundations of Arabic language and culture.
Find out more about the Arabic and EIS modules
- Discover a vibrant ecosystem of entrepreneurship activities right here on campus, offering you a chance to dive into a world of innovation and business ventures. Engage with dynamic student clubs and immerse yourself in a collaborative environment where entrepreneurial spirit thrives.
- If you're a student with a business or aspiring to start one, reach out to us for tailored guidance and support.