The University of Birmingham is a global institution that commands a strong and distinctive international reputation. As a result of this, many of our students embark on careers across the globe with multi-national employers.
Our careers services are multi-award-winning and considered to be sector-leading both in the UK and internationally. As a student here at the University of Birmingham Dubai, you have access to our expert careers support and a wide range of services to help you take that next step towards employment.
During your studies you will have access to a wide range of dedicated support, helping you to achieve your career goals. These include:
- Individual careers advice from the International Careers Consultant and specialist careers advisers, who will be able to answer your requests for advice and guidance
- Apply Yourself coaching workshops and online tutorials to help you present yourself effectively to employers and recruiters and develop an effective CV
- Practical help with preparing for interviews and attending assessment centres Access to global job opportunities online and job search webinars
- Opportunities to network with alumni and potential employers
- Access to a range of careers information online to help you consider your next stage after your degree and develop an individual career action plan
We are committed to working in partnership with leading employers in the region to enhance the employability of our students and graduates. Some of the networking opportunities we organise are skills development workshops, careers fairs, company visits and more informal ‘drop-in’ sessions where you will meet employers and hear directly what they are looking for when they employ graduates.
“The careers service is amazing! Coming to Dubai, I wasn’t sure how many opportunities I’d have to try out internships in various fields, but in just my first year I’ve taken part in two internships. Both were virtual internships with a British company called Evolve, and another called Gulf for Good, based in the UAE. Working virtually allowed me to work from anywhere and maintain contact with the rest of the team and the company through social media and virtual meeting apps.”