Spirit of Diwali Concert
- Elgar Concert Hall, Bramall Music Building (R12)
Tickets to this event are FREE but must be booked by clicking the registration link above.
In each legend, myth, and story of Diwali lies the significance of the victory of good over evil. It is with each Diwali and the illumination of lights that this simple truth finds new reason and hope.
Join the University of Birmingham’s India Institute to celebrate the ‘Spirit of Diwali’ at this lunchtime concert. Performances exclusively curated for the event by Sampad Arts include:
- Opening lively dhol drumming on Chancellor’s Court
- Indian dance performance by BBC Young Dancer 2019, Aishani Ghosh
- Kathak duet performance by Shyam Duttani and Tulani Kayani
- A contemporary Khatak and Bharatnatyam choreographed by Leena Patel
- Mendi and trio: Fusion music where Indian Tabla rhythms meet the melodic Irish Violin and Guitar – an unique local music group celebrating musical diversity
- A Bollywood dance spectacular
You may also wish to join us for a free rangoli workshop on 16th October 12-4pm at the Barber Institute of Fine Arts.