CEPLER enhances and extends the vocational opportunities available to Birmingham Law School students to increase their knowledge and experience of the law and legally-related careers in practice.
CEPLER is working to maximise the scope of student employability and introduced the CEPLER Professional Development Scheme (CPD) to recognise and value students' commitment and dedication to skills development gained through participation in CEPLER activities.
CEPLER's professional partnerships are also helping us to develop practitioner-led teaching with the introduction of practice-based modules, whilst our ambitious research programme is responsive to the transformation occurring in the legal profession and legal education.
Download the CEPLER Annual Reports:
The CEPLER Framework
CEPLER's objectives are to:
- create opportunities for and facilitate world class research on the legal profession, law in practice, and legal education;
- support and facilitate the impact of the Law School's research across all fields of law, and encourage public engagement;
- enhance the legal practice skills, commercial awareness and employability of Law School students;
- have instilled in Birmingham Law School Graduates a sense of civic duty and citizenship;
- increase awareness of legal rights and responsibilities amongst the wider community
each of these is in collaboration with the legal profession, our students, the wider university, other academics, policy makers, regulators and others.