CEPLER is the go-to service for Birmingham Law School students, providing a diverse range of opportunities and activities to enhance knowledge, skills, confidence and employability - all the things that help graduates to stand out from the crowd in a competitive jobs market.
Our students can benefit from activities, opportunities, help and resources in areas including:
- CEPLER's extensive provision of careers lectures and skills workshops offers advice and guidance on a range of specialist areas of law and legally-related careers. In addition. we provide mock assessment centre sessions and practical skills workshops with tips and techniques on how to succeed at interview. View information on our careers lectures provision. Or to find out about other careers activities.
- We are forging links right across the legal community and beyond to public, third sector and non-law commercial organisations to provide valuable work experience placements.
- CEPLER's Pro Bono Group began in 2008 and has grown from one Street Law Project to a diverse portfolio of opportunities to build your experience and serve the community. The Group expands each year and currently accommodates around 200 participants. The application process starts each November to recruit the membership for the following year. Visit the Pro Bono Group page for full details on the range of projects.
- Being able to evidence your experience of advocacy is a key advantage in the over-subscribed legal profession. CEPLER offers skills sessions and three Mooting competitions, as well as Debating and Negotiation.
- CEPLER is developing new and innovative approaches to teaching to give you experience of real world law. We have practice-based modules: Regulation of the Legal Profession, which will encourage you to question assumptions about lawyers and their role in society; and Advocacy, which covers a range of skills such as mooting, negotiation and mediation, along with court observations and presentation skills development.