Studio 3 is one of the five multichannel studios available for postgraduate students. It uses a speaker configuration of 2 + 10 + 2 subwoofers (including speakers at height).
The studio is based on an Apple Mac Xeon computer with a MOTU 896HD audio interface.
The main audio monitoring is provided by high-quality active ATC SCM50A speakers. For work on 8-channel compositions, monitoring is also provided via four pairs of active Genelec 8030A speakers, with further speakers suspended from the ceiling.
Bespoke acoustic treatment and design by Acoustic Dimensions, including room within room architecture, provides a quiet environment.
See also the software page.
- Apple Mac Intel Xeon computer
- 2 x Apple 20" TFT video displays
- MOTU 896HD audio interface
- ATC SCM50A monitor speakers
- 10 x Genelec 8030A speakers
- 2 x Genelec 7050B sub-woofers
- 2 x DACS 8-channel volume control
- DACS custom switcher
- DACS custom cross-over
- Korg MicroKontrol MIDI keyboard