Celebrating Geology Today - Family Fun Day
- Lapworth Museum of Geology - Earth Sciences Building (R4 on campus map)
- Wednesday 24 July 2019 (10:00-17:00)
Celebrating Geology today!
Why is geology important? What does a geologist do? Find out on the 24th of July as we celebrate all things geological!
Hear all about PhD researcher Jack’s geological adventures as he uncovers the secrets of salt using magnets! Have a go at pebble painting and share what aspect of geology you would like to celebrate. Become a geological matchmaker and find out what everyday items rely on rocks and minerals.
It Came From Outer Space! We are celebrating extra-terrestrial geology with a theatrical ‘behind the scenes’ guided tour which lifts the lid on some of Lapworth’s most prized specimens. Space is limited so please ensure you book a place on a tour in advance. You can book or find out more here. This tour is presented by Little Earthquake in partnership with the Lapworth Museum and Arts and Science Festival.
- 11:00 & 13:30 Story Time (all ages) [Active Earth Gallery]
- 12:00 & 14:30 Join PhD Researcher Jack Richardson and hear all about his ‘Adventures with Salt’. What is so fascinating about the stuff you put on your chips? (suitable for 5+) [Education Room]
- 11:00, 13:00 & 15:00 It Came From Outer Space! – A theatrical ‘behind the scenes’ guided tour of the Lapworth. Space is limited so please ensure you book a place in advance here.
Throughout the day:
- ‘Geological Matchmaker’ Can you match the rock or mineral with the everyday item it relies on? Drop in activity (all ages) [Education Room]
- Museum Trail (all ages) [Pick up a trail at Museum reception]
- Arts & Crafts activities Pebble painting and more! (all ages) [Jurassic Seas area]
All events and activities are free unless otherwise stated.