Creepy Caves - Family Fun Day
- Lapworth Museum of Geology - Earth Sciences Building (R4 on campus map)
- Arts and Science Festival, Life and Environmental Sciences
Join us on the 30th of October and uncover the mysteries of caves!
Feeling adventurous? Experience caving for yourself in the Cave Bus! Weave your way through over 300 foot of tunnels and explore hidden spaces in this incredible simulated cave environment. Please note you must be 5+ years old and have your parent or guardians permission.
Hear tales of caving adventures though the eyes of expert caver, Keith Edwards, a member of the Dudley Caving Club and Midlands Cave Rescue Organisation. Get the chance to examine some real stalagmites and stalactites specimens from the Museum’s collection.
Activities range from stories, talks, trails and craft activities.
- 10:30 & 14:30 Story Time (all ages) [Active Earth Gallery]
- 11:00 & 13:00 Join expert caver Keith Edwards for a talk on his caving adventures! (suitable for 5+) [Education Room]
- 11:30 & 13:30 Object handling – examine real stalagmites and stalactites! (all ages) [Education Room]
Throughout the day:
- Cave Bus: Find out what it’s like to go caving in a simulated cave environment! Pick up a free ticket at reception (suitable for 5+ and must have permission from a parent/guardian)[pick up a ticket at reception]
- Halloween Museum Trail (all ages)[Pick up a trail sheet at reception]
- Arts & Crafts activities – make your own bat! (all ages)[Jurassic Seas area]
All our activities are free of charge and first come first served - there is no need to book.
Photo credit: Keith Edwards