The Lapworth Museum of Geology has had an active primary education programme since 2016 and as we continue to expand our offers, we want to keep it current and up to date with what teachers want!
What is it?
The Primary School Teachers’ Forum is a place for primary educators to share their thoughts and ideas about the Lapworth’s primary school offer. There will be opportunities to explore resources before they’re released, to be part of upcoming projects and to be part of shaping the future of the Lapworth primary programme.
- See, trial and feedback on new resources and workshops including loan boxes and in –school visits
- Reserved spaces within our booking calendar for Primary schools within the forum
- Opportunities to be involved in local and national projects e.g. creating temporary exhibitions
- Network with other local educators to share best practise
- Counts towards the Primary Science Quality Mark assessment
Where will we meet?
Initially, meetings will be scheduled on Zoom. Ultimately, we will schedule one meeting online and one meeting in the museum each year.
Who is involved?
All Primary school teaching staff and teaching assistants are welcome. We hope to have representation of Primary schools from across Birmingham and the West Midlands, including SEND school representatives.
When will it be?
The first forum will be held in July. A date and time will be confirmed through a poll to identify the best time for participants.
Forums will then be scheduled once every six months.
If you are interested in being a part of the first Primary Forum meeting in July, please contact our Learning and Community Development Officer - Lizzy Goodger: email@example.com