We are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for an artist to create a virtual, interactive arts-based workshop linked to the Museum’s collections.
The Lapworth Museum showcases exceptional objects from one of the UK’s most outstanding geological collections. Since its temporary closure in March 2020, the Museum has delivered a large number of very successful virtual activities including talks, educational sessions and family activities.
The Lapworth is looking to build on this success by commissioning an artist to develop and deliver a virtual workshop targeted at an adult audience. The workshop will be held in the evening and last approximately 1 hour. The artist should respond creatively to the Museum’s collections or exhibitions, and offer fresh perspectives or new means of communicating ideas.
The successful applicant will receive a fee of £600 (including VAT) to include materials and delivery of the commission.
Applications can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 16:00 on Thursday 11th February. Email attachments must not be larger than 5MB and should include a single PDF containing the following:
- Your name, contact details and website address (if applicable)
- An outline proposal which describes what kind of virtual event-based work you would like to organise and how this responds to the Lapworth Museum (500 words max)
- An artist’s statement (200 words max)
- An up-to-date artist CV (3 pages max)
- Evidence of your current/recent practice in the form of up to 10 images or a direct link to a showreel of film and video work (maximum duration of 5 mins) uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo
Informal interviews will be held virtually on Tuesday 23rd February.
Due to the current restrictions on Museum openings, we can provide applicants with a short virtual tour of the Museum on request. Please see the Lapworth’s website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Sketch Fab pages for further information.
If you are interested in applying, but have further questions; please contact Aerona Moore (Learning and Public Engagement Manager) at email@example.com.