Successfully incorporating patient-reported outcomes (PROs) in clinical trials
- Centre for Professional Development – B1 on the Edgbaston Campus map
- Medical and Dental Sciences
- Understand the different types of PROs and when to use them in clinical trials
- Describe approaches to selecting an appropriate PRO measure for the study
- Understand PRO-specific components that should be included in a trial protocol using the SPIRIT-PRO Extension
- Appreciate approaches to minimise missing data and enhancing data quality
- Understand the challenges and potential management strategies for PRO Alerts
- Appreciate basic methods of PRO analysis
- Evaluate the reporting of a trial using the CONSORT-PRO extension
- Consider ways to maximise the impact of PRO trial data to inform clinical practice and health-policy
Professor Melanie Calvert, Professor of Outcomes Methodology, Director Centre for Patient Reported Outcomes Research
Dr Derek Kyte, NIHR Fellow, Deputy Director CPROR
Dr Anita Slade, Institute of Translational Medicine PROs Research Fellow
Dr Jonathan Bishop, Medical Statistician, Birmingham Clinical Trials Unit
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at Chief and Principal Investigators, trial managers, clinical researchers, research nurses, data managers, study co-ordinators and academics.
Centre for Professional Development, Medical School, University of Birmingham
How to apply
Registration is now open, you can pay online using a credit or debit card here. If you have any questions regarding registration, please email the Medical Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.