HWB-NMR users are categorized as either National, Commercial or Local. All have access to all the NMR systems. New users are welcome to apply.
National users are derived from the UK Biomolecular NMR Community, a group of twelve UK universities which was awarded the funding from the Wellcome Trust for the 900 MHz NMR system, and now includes members of over 20 universities from across England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Commercial users include several companies who design and develop NMR equipment, software, pharmaceutical agents, biotechnology products and veterinary diagnostics through service, collaboration and partnership agreements.
Local users are based at the Clinical Trials Unit, Institute of Cancer & Genomic Sciences, Institute of Inflammation and Ageing, Institute of Metabolism & Systems Research, Institute of Immunology & Immunotherapy, School of Biosciences, School of Chemistry and School of Engineering, and include many postdocs and students.
The local NMR groups are led by
- Ulrich Günther metabolomics methods and biomedical applications, protein interaction
- Tim Knowles outer membrane protein biogenesis, antimicrobial research
- Christian Ludwig metabolic pathway analysis, stable isotope tracer-based metabolic flux
- Andrew Peet functional imaging and metabolomics of childhood brain tumours
- Mark Viant metabolomic and bioinformatic methods for characterizing responses to environmental toxicants
- Steve Young immune cell signalling in inflammatory disease
The local users are leading members of the Metabolomics Initiative.