"I was thrilled to be allowed to initiate the Michael Chowen Prototyping Hall and am committed to supporting it in the future."
Michael Chowen CBE DL
About the Hall
The globally unique Michael Chowen Prototyping Hall offers access to innovative multi-user, multi-touch technologies, a range of handheld mobile devices and tablets, advanced user-testing facilities, superb 3D laser scanning facilities, large scale 3D visualisation lab, Augmented Reality tools, High Level Architecture (HLA), massive parallel and distributed computing power and Render Farms.
These facilities allow for user testing multi-touch, multi-user and mobile outputs and enable the tracking of up to 40 users’ movement and computer interactions, all of which can then be analysed using advance software, and visually represented. The Hall was conceived in partnership with Michael Chowen CBE DL.
- A range of multi-touch tables including: Pixelsense, Ideum Pro and our own bespoke-built 65" tables.
- 4 x vertically mounted 65" touch screens
- 3m x 2m 4K 3D Multi-touch wall
- A range of tablets and hand held devices
- A portable 55" multi touch table
- Microphone and speakers
- Events/Conferencing capacity and facilities for up to 120 people
We also host a collection of industry standard production software for 3D modelling, animation and visualisation, games level editors, audio and video special effects, and multi-user servers for networked environments.