AL Johnson Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- English Language and Linguistics, English Literature
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 03/04/2023 (Note: competition closed for this year)
This scholarship was found by Professor Leith in memory of Alec Johnson who was killed in action.
Value of Award
This scholarship provides a variable contribution to tuition fees for a graduate in an English subject to study at Masters level for one year. For part-time students the award will be split over two years pro-rata.
Student must meet the following criteria:
- Taking a taught or research masters either full or part-time
- Taking a campus based programme in either the Department of English Literature or the Department of English Language and Linguistics
How to Apply
For an application for funding to be considered, the College of Arts and Law must have received the following by the deadline:
- An application to study
- A completed online funding application form
- Two valid references
For more information please see the How to apply for a College of Arts and Law Masters Scholarship page.
College of Arts and Law