Alderman Newton’s Educational Foundation (Leicester)
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Drama and Theatre Arts, Music, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- UK, England
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Foundation provides grants for educational and vocational training activities. This can include course fees, accommodation costs, travel, materials and equipment, educational trips and visits, and any other costs directly associated with your course of study.
Value of Award
There is no limit on the amount that can be applied for, but most grants are under £5000.
- be under the age of 25 years
- have a permanent home (i.e. the home that you return to outside term time) within the Diocese of Leicester*
- be able to demonstrate that you are in need of financial assistance
*The Diocese of Leicester includes the city of Leicester and most of the county of Leicestershire.
How to Apply
Please apply at least 3 months in advance of your course or activity start date, if possible. Application forms and guidance notes can be downloaded from the Alderman Newton's Education Foundation website.
Students can make one application per academic year.
0116 222 2200