Birmingham Marshall Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- United States
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom in a system of higher education recognised for its excellence. Up to fifty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study.
Value of Award
As a partner of the Marshall Scholarship, the University will give a full waive of tuition fee to Marshall Scholars. The Marshall Scholarship will provide a full stipend covering the cost of living expenses. More information can be found on the Marshall Scholarships website.
To be eligible for a 2021 Marshall Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship).
- By the time they take up their scholarship in September 2022, hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree (applicants must have a GPA of 3.7 at the time of application); rounded GPA's are not accepted.
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2019.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A Levels taken at school in the UK.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the Marshall Scholarships website and create an account.