Council for British Research in the Levant Travel Grants
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Antiquity, Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Theology and Religion, International Relations
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- External, Research Council
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 20/05/2022 (Note: competition closed for this year)
CBRL Travel Grants are offered to enable individuals undertaking study or research in the humanities and social sciences at Doctoral or Postdoctoral level to travel in the countries of the Levant (Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Cyprus and Syria) in connection with their work.
The aims of the Travel Grant programme are to give students the opportunity to travel in the region, to encourage the development of new research, and to support minor research projects (particularly for postgraduate degrees), which must be done in the region.
Value of Award
The maximum level of a Travel Grant is £1000.
Travel Grants are available for the direct costs of travel and maintenance away from home. They are not available for personal maintenance at home or for attending conferences.
Application is open to anyone who:
- is registered as a doctoral student in a UK university
Membership of the Council for British Research in the Levant is not required but is encouraged.
How to Apply
Application forms for Travel Grants should be obtained by downloading from the Council for British Research in the Levant website.