Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Computer Science
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/12/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. This scholarship aims to help dismantle barriers that keep students with disabilities from entering computing, encourage them to excel in their studies and become active role models and leaders in creating technology.
As part of Google's commitment, they have partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
Value of Award
The scholarship recipients will each receive a EUR 7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship for the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
Applicants must be:
- University students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a university in Europe or Israel with a disability.
- Be currently enrolled as full-time or part-time students for the 2021/2022 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student at a university in Europe for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of 5 October 2020.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily residents in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
How to Apply
Full details of the application process can be found on the Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship website.