The University of Birmingham Lord Karan Bilimoria (Chancellor) Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- To be confirmed
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the launch of a prestigious scholarship scheme open to India domiciled students coming to the University for a full time taught Master’s degree programme starting in September 2023.
The scheme includes one scholarship covering full tuition fees and the cost of university accommodation during studies (details to be confirmed), plus four additional awards of £5,000 each awarded as tuition fee discounts.
This is an exceptional opportunity for outstanding individuals who have overcome challenging circumstances to achieve academic excellence and who can demonstrate innovation that has the potential to solve some of the complex challenges facing both the UK and India.
Value of Award
One scholarship covering full tuition fees plus the cost of university accommodation during studies (details to be confirmed).
Four additional awards of £5,000 each awarded as tuition fee discounts.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be graduates having achieved a first class degree or equivalent or a CGPA of 7 out of 10.
- Have received an offer of admission from Birmingham for a full-time taught Master’s degree programme at the University’s UK or Dubai campus starting in September 2023 and have formally accepted it.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as domiciled in India (i.e. habitually resident in India at the point of application).
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the scholarship.
- In the case of the £5,000 awards, have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK or Dubai. In the case of the tuition waiver scholarships, the candidates must have sufficient funds to cover any additional costs associated such as additional maintenance expenses and any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK or Dubai.
- In the case of the £5,000 awards, candidates must, upon enrolment in September 2023, pay their net tuition fees for the year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment
Further details will be shared shortly
How to Apply
If you are interested to know more about the Scholarship, please submit your expression of interest by completing the linked expression of interest online form.